Fall is finally here......well 'fall' as we know it in AZ I should say. I am soooo missing the beautiful colorful trees and crisp cool air during football games! Either way- football is in FULL effect in the Furrey household and we are thrilled!
The boys are now a part of NYS tackle football and loving every minute of it. They live for Tuesday and Thursday practices as well as Saturday afternoon games. I must say that I am less nervous than I thought I would be but am thinking that having the camera between the field and I is probably helping! :O)
 |
| Check out the determination on Grant's face... |
 |
| He is still going..... |
 |
| And going... |
 |
| TOUCHDOWN #22, Grant Furrey!!! |
We are so proud of Grant for getting the first touchdown of the season! I was jumping up and down like crazy and of course Grant acted as though nothing had happened! Yep - he was almost expressionless- imagine that. He is so much like his father.
Trey has been a great quarterback for the team and really enjoys his role. He is a natural in the game and it shows. I must admit that the first time he got 'crushed' I was a bit worried but managed to keep my cool. What can a mom do but get down on her knees and pray for the safety of her babies!
 |
| Trey #28 getting ready for the snap.. |
 |
| Dad was proud of this stiff arm - he went on to break 3 tackles |
 |
Looking for his target....
|
 |
| Coach/Dad looking on... |
 |
Yep.....this is where he got 'crushed'! Ugh......
Matt and I are loving watching the boys play as you can tell that they are so much more engaged in tackle then they were in flag football! We can see the passion in their eyes each and every play- it is so cool to see. Matt is coaching and enjoying the fact that they are learning more and more each and every day. He is 'making them' sit down and watch NFL games ALL the time and pointing out what they should and should not be doing. It is too funny! Trey will gladly do this with Matt for HOURS. Grant? Well, he will watch on and off for most of the day. :O)
Rhyan - where is Rhyan? Oh, well she can typically be found hanging out on the blanket with a friend, on a dirt mound, or singing and dancing on the sidelines. After all, that's what sisters do right?
I am sure there will be many more football pics/posts soon! So far the Cats are 0-2 BUT they are getting better! This is most of the kids' first year in tackle so we are still trying to 'figure it out'. We are very proud of the coaches and kids for all their hard work and dedication!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment